Should you get a pre-formed or D-ring blood pressure cuff? Figuring out the answer to this question depends on what you are looking for. We made it simple to understand the differences between pre-formed and D-ring blood pressure cuffs for you to make an informed decision.
The pre-formed cuff was designed specifically to the contour of the arm. It is supposed to make it easy for individuals to simply place the cuff on knowing it will securely take their blood pressure measurement. It ensures the brachial artery is compressed for an accurate reading.
- Designed comfortably to the contour of the arm.
- Easily put onto the arm securely for accurate measurements.
- Not flexible and must be within the cuff's recommended arm circumference.
The D-ring cuff is the most standard type of blood pressure cuff you see when you go to the hospital and on most blood pressure monitors. Like the name states, it uses a metal D-ring to help fasten and secure the cuff. These cuffs are soft, flat and can be wrapped around the arm.
- Soft, flat and comfortable for securing onto arm.
- Provides flexibility when it comes to placement and comfortability.
- May take time to comfortably secure cuff onto individual.
What to Keep in Mind
After reading about what pre-formed and D-ring cuffs are alongside their advantages and disadvantages, it is up to you to decide what will work best and consult with your physician.
If you have any questions or concerns then don't hesitate to contact us at (888) 822-8293 to speak to one of our Customer Service Representatives. Where people can reach people.